Urban Domestic Assist
Your own 24-hour, 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year Emergency help, Information and Advice line. The following benefits are available to the policyholder by contacting Urban Domestic Assist on 0861 872 267.
Qualified medical personnel will give you immediate advice and information and assist with immediate emergency medical arrangements if necessary (free telephone and information service)
In the event of an emergency, we will assist in arranging and pay for medical transportation and repatriation
Where required, and in cases of medical emergency, we will guarantee deposits at any medical facility in order that you, our valued client, receive the necessary urgent medical attention without delay. These deposits are then recoverable from the client thereafter.
- Return of stranded children
- Transmission of urgent messages
- Location and transfer of medicines
- Return of mortal remains
This benefit is included with all building and home content policies.
Free telephone advice and information service, but costs are for the client’s own account except for the following emergency service where the call out fee plus one hour’s labour is covered:
This benefit is included with all insured vehicles.
Free motoring services:
- Towing to the nearest repairer or place of safety.
- Accident towing to the nearest approved repairer
- The call out fee and one hour’s labour for a vehicle locksmith or assistance with a flat tyre.
- Emergency overnight accommodation or car hire to the value of R500 (if stranded more than 100km from home because of a mechanical or electrical breakdown).
- Emergency delivery of 10 litres of fuel (charged at cost).
- Free standard legal documentation service for documents such as wills, contracts, trusts, leases, etc.
- Legal Advisory Estate and Financial Planning Service
- Family and sexual abuse support and counselling service
- Pre-litigation letter of demand by attorneys
- 30-minute free consultation at the office of an appointed attorney anywhere in South Africa
Top tax consultants can help you with any tax query or issue. This service includes advice on SITE, VAT and PAYE tax problems (only during office hours).
A Large percentage of Motor vehicle accidents are caused as a result of drinking and driving, specifically in the evening. Consider this your very own personal chauffeur, available within a 50km radius to city centres in Cape Town, Durban, East London, George, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria. This service is available to the policyholder, and by contacting Urban Domestic Assist, a vehicle will be dispatched with two drivers to ensure that you and your vehicle arrive home safely.
Trip Monitor is a 24-hour help line where case managers maintain regular contact with a motorist within the borders of South Africa to facilitate safe travel. This includes the monitoring of short distances at 30-minute intervals or more.
Valuable and exciting rewards, benefits, preferential treatment, discounts and value-add services that will touch every area of your life, including:
- Connectivity and much more!
In the event of identity theft which takes place during the period of insurance, we will pay up to the amounts stated in the policy document.
Maximum Amounts Payable
Cover ensures that you and your family are covered for medical expenses, antiretroviral and prophylactic medication/treatment and psychiatric consultation.
- Assault - R5 000 per insured person with a maximum of R10 000 per occurrence in respect of medically indicated treatment.
- Trauma - R5 000 per insured person with a maximum of R10 000 per occurrence in respect of psychiatric consultations
HIV protection service.
The HIV protection service provides you with peace of mind because, in the event of an assault, you and your family have access to world-class hospital care and to treatment and diagnostic regimes for the management of the consequences of rape, trauma and HIV.
With the police now able to arrest anyone with outstanding traffic fines, the number of people in South Africa who can be arrested and be granted bail for relatively minor traffic offences is increasing. Bail is a legal right.
We have an innovative service for you, our client, providing assistance in posting bail following arrest for a minor crime.
This service assists in exercising your legal right, however, the transgressor still faces the full extent of the law for whatever it is alleged that he/she has done.
You have cover for people who work in your home against injury, disability and death. This special plan covers all domestic employees.
Should the policyholder become legally liable to pay compensation as result of an award or settlement made against the policyholder by the CCMA on behalf of the policyholder’s domestic worker resulting from a dispute occurring during the period of insurance, the insurer will:
- indemnify the policyholder up to R10 000 for any one award or settlement or series of awards or settlements arising out of one event.